Rescue dog is scared to DEATH by fireworks: Heartbreak as Italian hound Bronson, saved from Cyprus ‘kill centre’ by woman who wanted to give it ‘life of luxury’ in Wales, dies after being terrified by loud bangs

  • Maxine Williams adopted her dog, Bronson, from a Greek resort six years ago
  • The 49-year-old brought the Segugio Italiano back to home in Flintshire, Wales
  • But in the middle of a firework display, the terrified dog escaped and ran away
  • Two days later Ms Williams found out her dog had died in a ditch five miles away 

A dog that was rescued from a ‘kill centre’ in Cyprus died in the UK after being ‘scared to death’ by fireworks. 

Maxine Williams, 49, adopted her dog, Bronson, from the resort of Limassol and gave him a ‘life of luxury’ at her home in Wales.

But six years after adopting him, in the lead up to bonfire night, her Segugio Italiano was scared by a firework display and ran away. 

Ms Williams, who runs the Crown and Liver pub, came back to her home in Sandycroft, Flintshire, to find her pet had opened the patio door handle and jumped the 6 foot fence.

She said: ‘Bronson was always terrified by the bangs. He’d tremble from head to toe and I’d have to support him through the evening.

Maxine Williams, 49, adopted her dog, Bronson, from the resort of Limassol and gave him a ‘life of luxury’ at her home in Wales

‘That night I arrived home and the patio door was open. Bronson was nowhere to be seen and I thought someone might have taken him.’

Drivers spotted the animal running along a nearby road but failed to catch him before he disappeared across farmland into woods.

Ms Williams posted an appeal online as friends and family joined the search but Bronson was nowhere to be seen.

Two days later she got a call to say her dog had been found in a ditch five miles away after apparently being hit by a car.

Maxine said: ‘He was everything to me. He lived like a lord but he was kind and gentle. People who met him always said how special he was.’

But six years after adopting him, in the lead up to bonfire night, her Segugio Italiano was scared by a firework display and ran away

But six years after adopting him, in the lead up to bonfire night, her Segugio Italiano was scared by a firework display and ran away

Ms Williams, who runs the Crown and Liver pub, came back to her home in Sandycroft, Flintshire, to find her pet had opened the patio door handle and jumped the 6 foot fence

Ms Williams, who runs the Crown and Liver pub, came back to her home in Sandycroft, Flintshire, to find her pet had opened the patio door handle and jumped the 6 foot fence

Bronson’s death comes six years after he was adopted by Maxine after being rescued by charity Cyprus Pride House.

Maxine says her pet was a happy dog but was always scared during firework displays.

She had booked time off work to look after Bronson but became scared during an early display on a Friday night.

Maxine is now calling for tougher restrictions on fireworks.

She said: ‘People who don’t have dogs perhaps don’t realise the bond owners can have with them. I’ve always had dogs but he was just special. He was my baby.

‘Fireworks now start weeks before November 5 and often continue for days afterward. If they went off just one night, at least owners of affected dogs would know when to be available to give them support.’

Advertisement



Source link