[ad_1]

Inside drug-fuelled music festival where a Comm Bank worker died after taking a ‘bad’ MDMA pill as a punter reveals what it was really like inside the sweltering event

  • Kieran Ngo, 26, attended the Transmission Festival  
  • Hours later,  he was rushed to hospital feeling unwell 
  • Mr Ngo then died at hospital of a drug overdose 

A festival-goer has revealed how bad conditions were inside a Sydney music event where a Commonwealth Bank worker died and several others had to be taken to hospital with dangerous drug reactions.

Kieran Ngo, 26, died after he took a pill at the Transmission Festival which was held at the Sydney Showground on Saturday afternoon.

He is believed to have taken MDMA and NSW Police are now investigating whether a bad batch of the drug is spreading through Sydney, as 12 others were also rushed to hospital after also taking pills.

One person who attended the festival has revealed the security situation was ‘shocking’ and there did not seem to be enough police or emergency workers at the scene. 

See also  Brooklyn Beckham shows off his cooking skills as he whips up a poke bowl

The festival-goer was ‘not surprised’ to hear about Mr Ngo’s death.  

Kieran Ngo, 26, took a pill at the Transmission Festival which was held at the Sydney Showground on Saturday afternoon. He died hours later

Kieran Ngo, 26, took a pill at the Transmission Festival which was held at the Sydney Showground on Saturday afternoon. He died hours later

‘I went along on Saturday night and I’m not surprised,’ they told 2GB

‘Security on entry was a joke. 

‘Inside was bloody hot – and only those lucky people with hand fans were able to stay cool inside. 

‘Bottles of water were extortionate… charging $5 or more. I don’t think there were enough police on hand. At about 9pm I saw ambulance paramedics rushing someone out.’ 

The event kicked off at 3pm with Mr Ngo complaining he felt unwell after returning to his girlfriend’s home in southwest Sydney at 1.30am.  

His condition deteriorated in hospital and Mr Ngo told doctors about the pill but he died at Blacktown Hospital at 3am.

Of the 12 others who were rushed to hospital, seven required assistance breathing, while more than 400 tablets were seized by cops. 

Medical teams at the festival treated more than 130 people with complaints related to drug use and heat exhaustion

Medical teams at the festival treated more than 130 people with complaints related to drug use and heat exhaustion

In total, medical teams at the festival treated more than 130 people with complaints related to drug use and heat exhaustion. 

‘This is a really hard time for us…we are trying to understand what happened,’ Mr Ngo’s relative told the Daily Telegraph.

Police are now speaking with Mr Ngo’s girlfriend and friends to understand the circumstances leading to his death. 

Cops have arrested and charged six men aged between 19 and 33 with drug supply offences after they were caught with MDMA. 

See also  Trump slams Mike Pence as a 'human conveyor belt' for delivering 'fraudulent' votes on January 6

A man, 23, was  allegedly found in possession of 253 MDMA tablets while a 21-year-old was allegedly found with 149 MDMA tablets.

The second man was charged with supplying and possessing a prohibited drug.

[ad_2]

Source link