The Block’s Omar and Oz reveal their exciting new career move after winning the Channel Nine series
The Block winners Omar Slaimankhel and Oz Abu Malik have revealed they have landed their own Channel Nine TV show, which is set to air next year.
The Western Sydney mates have already started negotiations with the network after taking home the top prize on the renovation series just a week ago,
‘We loved being on TV and 100 per cent we’re doing something next year,’ Omar, 30 told Woman’s Day magazine.
The Block winners Omar Slaimankhel and Oz Abu Malik have revealed they have landed their own Channel Nine TV show, which is set to air next year
While the pair remained tight-lipped on exactly what project they’ve scored, they said it’s going to be exciting.
‘We can’t say much at the moment.. But definitely stay tuned,’ Oz, also 30, added.
‘The seed is planted and it’s starting – there’s going to be something.’
The Western Sydney mates have already started negotiations with the network after taking home the top prize on the renovation series just a week ago
It comes after reports fellow Block contestants Tom Calleja and Sarah-Jane Wilson are also ‘in negotiations’ to get their own design show.
The couple were slated to be the winners of the renovation series, but were left devastated with a measly $20,000 profit after the shock auctions.
A ‘well-placed source’ told New Idea magazine last week that ’emotions were running high’ during The Block finale afterparty when the other contestants caught wind about Tom and Sarah-Jane’s future at Nine.
‘No doubt this isn’t sitting well with some of the other teams,’ the source said.
Omar Slaimankhel and Ozman ‘Oz’ Abu Malik (pictured sold their home for $5,666,666 with a $4.08million reserve and walked away with $1.6m in prize money
Tom Calleja and Sarah-Jane Wilson are also ‘in negotiations’ to get their own design show
‘Many of them already thought SJ and Tom were being favoured by the judges and producers from day dot, so the fact they’re potentially getting their own spin-off pretty much proves this. No wonder there were fireworks.’
Last Sunday’s nail-biting auction saw triumph and heartbreak with Omar and Oz becoming instant millionaires – winning $1.6million in prize money – while two other couples walked away empty-handed after their homes were passed in.
Sharon and Ankur have since sold their home to Oz and Omar’s flashy businessman bidder Adrian Portelli, but Jenny and Dylan are yet to offload their property.
Rachel and Ryan came second with a profit of $169,000, followed by Tom and Sarah Jane placing third having barely made the $4.08million reserve.
Omar and Oz were forced to address their controversial record-breaking win after claims they ‘rigged’ the auction by roping in Portelli to drive up the price.
The pair insisted they ‘deserved’ the victory and their ‘friendship’ with millionaire bidder Portelli was simply smart networking.
‘We put in work, not only the build, we put in work afterwards, as well. We reached out to so many people, we were non-stop, so hard work does pay off,’ Omar told A Current Affair last week.
‘I feel like it happens in this country a lot. You do so well and the next day you’re trying to justify why you won,’ he continued.
‘It’s unfortunate because we do deserve it and we did so well.’
Omar and Oz were forced to address their controversial record-breaking win after claims they ‘rigged’ the auction by roping in their millionaire friend Adrian Portelli, far right, to drive up the price