Vigilante tradies set a brand new Porter Davis home on FIRE after the building company collapsed and left thousands in the lurch – as other heartbroken homeowners are left with flooded houses and scratched doors
- Near-finished Porter Davis home set ablaze in Melbourne
- Arson attack comes after tradies vandalised other homes
Tradies seeking revenge are suspected to be behind a fireball attack on a Porter Davis home in pay-back over unpaid work after the builder went bust on Friday.
Footage of the home under construction in the Riverfield new build development in Clyde, on Melbourne‘s south-east outskirts, showed the near-finished home ablaze.
Firefighters desperately tried to save the house but the flames had already taken grip and destroyed the roof, with a large part of it collapsing.
Police launched an investigation into the mystery fire after witnesses said a man was seen going into the property shortly before the blaze broke out.
‘Porter Davis home at approximately lock-up stage has just burnt down,’ said one neighbour in video footage of the gutted home posted on social media.
Tradies seeking revenge are suspected to be behind a fireball attack on a Porter Davis home (pictured) in pay-back over unpaid work after the builder went bust on Friday
‘I am so sorry if this is your home. Allegedly a neighbour saw someone go in before it caught fire.
‘I truly hope that this wasn’t on purpose because that is absolutely devastating. Another blow for a Porter Davis customer already suffering.
‘This is getting out of hand.’
Victoria Police said detectives were hunting for a suspected arsonist.
‘Emergency services responded to a fire at a property in Clyde North on Monday, April 3 about 4.30pm,’ a spokesman told Daily Mail Australia.
‘The building on Adante Court was not occupied at the time and no one was injured.
‘Investigations are ongoing into the cause of the fire, which is being treated as suspicious at this stage.’
The attack comes after another home was wrecked by suspected vigilante tradies who were furious at the developer’s collapse.
Porter Davis went into liquidation on Friday, forcing work to completely halt work on more than 1,500 properties across Victoria, with scores of tradies going unpaid.
The owner estimated the vandals had caused $50,000 worth of damage to her home in Berwick, in Melbourne‘s south-east.
She claimed the furious subcontractors intentionally left taps running in the sink and bathroom, flooding the property with more than seven centimetres of water.
They also scratched and slashed the doors and walls with a knife or key.
The woman said she informed police after another Porter Davis house in the area had suffered similar damage on the same night.
Other individuals reported Porter Davies properties being targeted by vandals, with three buildings on a block reportedly having their windows smashed.
Other Porter Davis homes had their windows smashed and their doors scratched
The woman believes angry tradies left the taps running in her bathroom, flooding the house
The woman believed their home was targeted by tradies who had been left out of pocket.
‘What they have done has not affected Porter Davis at all but unfortunately only us as now the damages are more than what we had remaining on the house,’ she said.
‘It’s devastating to understand that someone would actually break in and do this to our home.’
She and her partner were expected to move into the property with their 13-day-old baby on Thursday.
‘We worked so hard and put a lot of money into this house to only hope we could bring our new baby home this week.
‘Twelve days ago was the happiest day of our lives when we welcomed our first baby boy.
‘We were meant to have handover on Thursday until the news broke through. Today our house was completely vandalised making everything extremely difficult to move forward.’