Paedophile former Tory MP Imran Ahmad Khan has been accused of preying on a 16-year-old boy and offering him sex and drugs after he was convicted of sexually assaulting a Catholic teenager. 

The man, who was given the fake name Andrew by The Guardian, claimed that Khan, then in his 40s, offered to give him oral sex, take him to a hotel room to snort cocaine, and hire a sex worker after meeting the future Conservative at a birthday party in Suffolk in August 2015. 

Andrew’s mother, who was also at the party with her partner, told the newspaper that she told Khan to stay away from her son after he told her about the oral sex proposition.

The mother’s partner claimed that he also told the disgraced former Conservative Member of Parliament for Wakefield to back off and that it was ‘inappropriate’ to talk to Andrew in that way.

Andrew called Khan ‘probably the furthest thing away from the sort of person anyone wants to represent them, a paedophile who offers a 16-year-old drugs and tries to get them to s**g a prostitute’. 

He made his allegations after Khan, 48, was found guilty at Southwark Crown Court this week for sexually assaulting a 15-year-old at a house in Staffordshire in January 2008.

MailOnline has contacted lawyers for Khan for comment. However, they told The Guardian yesterday that they had advised him not to comment on Andrew’s allegations, ‘bearing in mind the ongoing criminal proceedings against our client’. Half an hour later, Khan quit as an MP, saying he would focus solely on clearing his name.  

Imran Ahmad Khan arriving at Southwark Crown Court in London, Monday April 11, 2022

Khan speaking after he is announced as the winner for the constituency of Wakefield at a counting centre in Wakefield, December 13, 2019

Khan speaking after he is announced as the winner for the constituency of Wakefield at a counting centre in Wakefield, December 13, 2019 

Khan accused of drugging and assaulting man in his mid-20s in Pakistan while working on Foreign Office-funded project

Khan has also been accused of sexually assaulting another young man at a guesthouse in Pakistan in 2010 when he was working on a Foreign Office-funded project.

The alleged victim, who was in his mid-20s, reported the attack to the British High Commission and the Foreign Office but did not want to go to police in Pakistan because of Khan’s powerful connections in the military and government.

He claimed Khan performed a sex act on him in his sleep after offering him a sleeping pill as they shared a room following an evening of drinking whiskey and smoking marijuana. 

The man came forward as a witness after hearing Khan had been charged with sexual assault following the MP’s failed bid to gag the press from reporting his name.

It is understood a charge could not be brought because the alleged assault took place outside the jurisdiction before a change in the UK law.

Khan claimed the sexual activity was consensual.

Andrew has alleged that Khan, who is gay and a Muslim, asked him about his sexuality at the party. Andrew said that he was straight, only for Khan to allegedly reply that he thought sexuality was ‘on a spectrum’.

He claimed that Khan later offered to perform a sex act on him. When the teenager then told his mother what happened, she and her partner then reprimanded the future MP. 

Khan allegedly later complained to Andrew about being ‘told off’.  When Andrew said that his advances had made him feel ‘uncomfortable’ and ‘weird’, and that he was ‘only 16’, Khan allegedly replied: ‘That’s OK, you’re legal’. 

Andrew told The Guardian that Khan allegedly then asked him if he had ever done ‘DP’ (double penetration), to which he said no.

He alleged that Khan suggested ‘why don’t we hang out and have some fun?’, before offering to book them a hotel in Henley, ‘buy lots of cocaine and a prostitute and “f**k all weekend”‘.

Andrew claims that at the time, he felt ‘really uncomfortable. I didn’t know how to take it. I was only 16’. 

Talking about Khan’s trial, Andrew added: ‘I just thought: that’s the same pattern of behaviour he instigated with me. It could quite easily have been me. It would have been very easily me if I wasn’t surrounded by adults.’     

Khan last night quit the Commons, after previously resisting calls to stand down despite the Conservatives expelling him when he was found guilty of sexually assaulting a child. 

Khan said it was ‘intolerable’ for voters in the West Yorkshire constituency to have muted representation while he appeals the conviction. He said the move would allow him to ‘focus entirely on clearing my name’.

The move has also triggered a by-election in the marginal Red Wall seat of Wakefield, which Labour had held the seat since the 1930s until Khan’s victory in the 2019 general election, when the Prime Minister led the Conservatives to seize a tranche of former Labour strongholds. A date for the by-election has not yet been set.

But the resignation sets up a tricky battle for the Tories to retain the seat, as Boris Johnson fights to remain leader after being fined by police for breaching his own coronavirus laws.

Khan won Wakefield by 3,358 over Labour former frontbencher Mary Creagh but the Conservatives will be nervous about maintaining that lead.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer will also feel the pressure of having to recapture the seat amid high expectations. 

Khan arriving at Southwark Crown Court in London, Monday April 11, 2022

Khan arriving at Southwark Crown Court in London, Monday April 11, 2022

Khan's conviction for sexually assaulting a teenage boy has almost certainly handed Labour back one of the Red wall seats it surrendered at the 2019 election

Khan’s conviction for sexually assaulting a teenage boy has almost certainly handed Labour back one of the Red wall seats it surrendered at the 2019 election

Tory press office did not take ‘very seriously’ the allegation that Khan had abused 15-year-old made days before 2019 election, court hears 

A court was told that the Conservative Party press office did not take ‘very seriously’ allegations that a 15-year-old boy was sexually assaulted by Khan before he stood as an election candidate. 

The then-teenager did not want to make a formal complaint at the time but told Southwark Crown Court ‘it all came flooding back’ when he discovered Khan was standing to become the MP for Wakefield in West Yorkshire in the December 2019 general election. 

Giving evidence at Southwark Crown Court, the victim’s parents both broke down in tears as they told how their son was left ‘inconsolable’ and ‘shaking’ after the incident at a house in Staffordshire. 

He went to police days after Khan helped Prime Minister Boris Johnson win a large Commons majority by taking the constituency in the so-called ‘red wall’ that had formed Labour’s heartlands in the Midlands and northern England.

But the alleged victim, who voted Labour, told a jury that his complaint was ‘not motivated by political reasons’. 

Khan was found guilty of sexually assaulting the 15-year-old at Southwark Crown Court on Monday. Jurors heard he forced the teenager to drink gin and tonic before dragging him upstairs and carrying out the attack at a house in Staffordshire in January 2008.

Khan said that even the shortest timetable for his appeal would mean ‘legal proceedings could last many more months’.

‘I have therefore regrettably come to the conclusion that it is intolerable for constituents to go years without an MP who can amplify their voices in Parliament,’ he said.

‘Representing them has been the honour of my life, and they deserve better than this. Consequently I am resigning as MP for Wakefield and withdrawing from political life.’ He said he would write to the parliamentary authorities to confirm his intentions ‘shortly’.

‘I am now able to focus entirely on clearing my name. As I intend for this to be my only statement, I would like to apologise to my family and community for the humiliation this has caused them,’ he said.

Khan added: ‘Questions surrounding sexuality in my community are not trivial, and learning from the press about my orientation, drinking and past behaviour before I became an MP has not been easy.’

Tory former justice minister Crispin Blunt claimed Khan had been the victim of a ‘dreadful miscarriage of justice’. But he was forced to apologise the next day following a barrage of criticism.

Blunt said the sexual assault conviction would have ‘dreadful wider implications for millions of LGBT+ Muslims around the world’ and claimed the prosecution’s argument relied on ‘lazy tropes about LGBT+ people’. He also called for the convicted sex offender to be reinstated to public service.

Blunt’s comments triggered fury with Labour condemning his defence of Khan and Anneliese Dodds, Labour Party chairwoman and shadow equalities secretary, labelling them ‘disgraceful’.

She called on Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Tory chairman Oliver Dowden to ‘take action’ against the former prisons minister and ‘distance their party from his comments’.

Meanwhile, four members of a cross-party LGBT+ group that Blunt chairs quit in protest, with one urging him to resign from his role.

Labour’s Chris Bryant and Kate Osborne and the SNP’s Stewart McDonald and Joanna Cherry all stood down from the group over Blunt’s comments. 

Blunt, who came out as gay in 2010, deleted the comment from his website and the tweet promoting it this morning.

And he later apologised fully for his remarks, saying: ‘I am sorry that my defence of him has been a cause of significant upset and concern not least to victims of sexual offences. It was not my intention to do this.

‘To be clear I do not condone any form of abuse and I strongly believe in the independence and integrity of the justice system.’

He also announced he was resigned as chairman of a parliamentary group on LGBT+ rights, while the LGBT Conservatives suspended him as a patron. 



Source link