Elon Musk has posted a video of a man believed to have stalked the car his child was traveling in – before blocking its path and climbing on top of the vehicle’s roof.
The Twitter CEO said that his two-year-old son X Æ A-Xii, known as X, was followed by a balaclava-wearing stalker today – and has now released a clip in a bid to find the man.
In the short video, Musk asked his followers to identify the man – wearing a black hood and driving a white Hyundai – before the alleged stalker picks up his phone to record Musk.
The Chief Twit then pans towards the car’s number plate after the short exchange with the driver.
It comes after Musk vowed to sue the man who set up a Twitter account which tracked the movements of his private jet.
Musk and his child, X Æ A-Xii, 2, who the billionaire said was followed by a stalker
Elon Musk showed off his adorable two-year-old son at Twitter’s San Francisco headquarters on Tuesday
Jack Sweeney started @elonjet in 2020 because he was a fan of Musk and wanted to see how he managed his businesses
Musk declared he was pursuing legal action against Jack Sweeney, whose Twitter account @elonjet used publicly available records to tell the world where the chief twip’s private jet was flying.
The billionaire said he was spurned into action after a car carrying his child, X Æ A-Xii, was followed by the man, who thought Musk was inside.
He allegedly jumped on the hood forcing the car to stop.
It is unclear how Musk connected @elonjet to the incident, but both the account and Sweeney’s personal account were suspended.
Musk explained the stalking incident and account suspension in a pair of tweets on Wednesday.
‘Last night, car carrying lil X in LA was followed by crazy stalker (thinking it was me), who later blocked car from moving & climbed onto hood.’ he wrote. ‘Legal action is being taken against Sweeney & organizations who supported harm to my family.’
He elaborated on the rationale for the decision, saying that accounts which published where people were located in ‘real-time’ were a ‘physical safety violation.’
‘Any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended, as it is a physical safety violation.’
‘This includes posting links to sites with real-time location info. Posting locations someone traveled to on a slightly delayed basis isn’t a safety problem, so is ok.’
He then released a clip of the alleged stalker, with the caption: ‘Anyone recognize this person or car?’
The @elonjet Twitter account suspended. Musk previous said he would not ban it
The personal account of @elonjet’s creator, Jack Sweeney, was also suspended
Sweeney’s jet account was suspended Wednesday morning. He tweeted at Musk asking how long of a delay was necessary for there to be no safety response, and then by Wednesday evening the account – and his personal account – were suspended again.
Musk has previously gone after @elonjet, which Sweeney set up in 2020 when he was 19 because he was a super-fan of the billionaire and wanted to see how he managed his businesses.
In 2021, Musk offered Sweeney $5,000 to take down the account, which he saw as a risk to his safety.
‘Can you take this down? It is a security risk.’ Musk wrote in a direct message to Sweeney, according to Protocol. ‘I don’t love the idea of being shot by a nutcase’ he added.
Sweeney declined the offer, but countered with an ask for $50,000 and a Tesla. The two did not come to an agreement.
In 2021 Elon Musk offered to pay Sweeney $5,000 to take down the @elonjet account
Musk’s November tweet in which he said he would not ban @elonjet. Users flagged the tweet, and added that Musk had now gone against his word
Despite his dislike for @elonjet, Musk took to twitter last month after assuming the CEO mantle to declare he was so committed to free-speech that he was allowing the account to remain active.
‘My commitment to free speech extends even to not banning the account following my plane, even though that is a direct personal safety risk,’ Musk wrote.
Numerous users pointed out the hypocrisy the comments section of Musk’s tweet announcing his litigation against Sweeney.
In October as Musk was buying Twitter, Sweeney also said Musk would be a hypocrite if he banned the account.
‘I personally think he won’t do it because then the news would be all over it and he would be called a hypocrite,’ he told the Washington Post at the time.