Meghan’s claims she was not prepared for life in the monarchy is branded a ‘total lie’ by sources

[ad_1]

Royal aides have accused the Sussexes of spouting more falsehoods in their Netflix docuseries, dismissing Meghan’s claims that she was not prepared for life in the monarchy as a ‘total lie’.

During the bombshell series the Duchess declared she was given no advice or instructions on how to adapt to royal life, dress or curtsy.

But palace insiders say that six months before the pair married, Meghan, 41, was handed a 30-point dossier by Prince Harry‘s then private secretary Ed Lane Fox, filled with information and contacts to help her settle into royal life.

Insiders also refuted Meghan’s claim that Kensington Palace aides advised her not to invite her niece to her wedding is a ‘complete and utter lie’.

Meghan’s claims she was not prepared for life in the monarchy is branded a ‘total lie’ by sources

During their Netflix series Harry & Meghan, the Sussexes claim that Meghan was given no guidance on how to adapt to royal life – insiders have dismissed these claims

It comes as senior military figures and respected historians last night urged the Sussexes to steer clear of King Charles’ coronation next year

During the first three episodes of the series, which aired on Thursday, Meghan declared she had been left with little guidance, unlike in the Disney film The Princess Diaries when the heir to throne is given ‘Princess lessons’.

Speaking in the documentary the Duchess said: ‘Joining this family, I knew that there was a protocol for how things were done, and do you remember that old movie The Princess Diaries with Anne Hathaway?

‘There’s no class and some person who goes, ‘sit like this, cross your legs like this, use a fork, don’t do this, curtsy then, wear this kind of hat’ – doesn’t happen. I never saw pictures or videos of a walkabout.’

See also  Cheryl cuts a glamorous as she's joined by ex Liam Payne at Sarah Harding charity ball

Prince Harry added that the lack of report Meghan received was ‘ridiculous’.

A palace source speaking to The Sunday Times branded the claims as a ‘total lie’.

Prince Harry added that the lack of report Meghan received was 'ridiculous' while Meghan joked that it was not like the Disney film, The Princess Diaries

Prince Harry added that the lack of report Meghan received was ‘ridiculous’ while Meghan joked that it was not like the Disney film, The Princess Diaries

They said: ‘There was prep for everything, walkabouts – even though she was engaged to someone who’d done hundreds of them – clothes, everything. The level of support was intense.’

Mr Fox, known as ‘Elf’, handed Meghan over documents detailing what to wear, the royal family and the constitution, the institution’s heads of departments, ladies in waiting, arts in the UK, the Charity Commission and how to handle public life in general.

Each section of the dossier then contained experts who could provide further information.

The source continued: ‘It was huge, the amount of work Elf put into getting her access to anyone and he gave her books on the stuff.’

Prince Harry's then private private secretary Ed Lane Fox, known as Elf, (pictured) is said to have handed Meghan a 30-point dossier about how to adapt to royal life

Prince Harry’s then private private secretary Ed Lane Fox, known as Elf, (pictured) is said to have handed Meghan a 30-point dossier about how to adapt to royal life

Meghan is believed to have taken up just two meetings with experts – one with the late Queen’s private secretary Lord Geidt and another with a ‘trusted fashion person’.

The Duchesses claim that she had no help learning the national anthem and had to Google it was true, however, with a royal source stating that it was not printed out because ‘you can’t file transfer the national anthem to someone’s brain’.

See also  Pentagon releases U2 pilot's cockpit picture of Beijing's surveillance craft as it flew over US

Other remarks made in the first three episodes have also been dismissed by palace insiders.

In the documentary Meghan suggests that Kensington Palace advised her not to invite Ashleigh Hale, the daughter of her estranged half-sister Samantha Markle.

She said the ‘very small comms team’ advised her not to invite Ashleigh as they ‘couldn’t wrap there head around’ how to explain ‘that this half-sister isn’t invited to the wedding, but that the half-sister’s daughter is.’

Viewers are led to believe that because Samantha wasn’t invited, it was suggested an invitation should not be extended to Ashleigh. 

Ashleigh Hale (pictured) was featured in the six-part docuseries, where she spoke of her 'hurt' of not being invited to Harry and Meghan's wedding in 2018

Ashleigh Hale (pictured) was featured in the six-part docuseries, where she spoke of her ‘hurt’ of not being invited to Harry and Meghan’s wedding in 2018

The episode went on to feature an interview with Ashleigh who claimed she had been ‘hurt’ by the lack of invite and had started to believe her relationship with the Duchess was being ‘managed on some level’ by the royals.

She said: ‘Communication with Meg became less and less frequent. My impression was that her relationships were being managed.’

One well-placed source told The Mail on Sunday: ‘It was completely in Meghan’s gift as to which members of her friends and family to invite to her wedding. It wasn’t a discussion, it was her decision.’ 

Other Royal sources also confirmed to the The Sunday Times that the claims are incorrect. One said: ‘That just didn’t happen. We never gave any advice, steer or guidance on who of her family or friends should or shouldn’t come to her wedding.’

The insider said they had ‘a very clear memory’ of Meghan saying she would have invited her niece in other circumstances but was fearful the invite ‘would have put her under intense scrutiny’.

Another added: ‘Harry had concerns that Meghan had no family at the wedding which would look weird. Meghan didn’t want the media to know about Ashleigh.

‘No one on earth would have said don’t invite family to the wedding. That’s a complete and utter lie. We wanted more family there to make it look less weird for her.’

The Sussexes have come under fire in the days following the release of their £100 million Netflix series.

Meghan asserted at one point that her and Harry’s engagement interview with the BBC’s Mishal Husain was an ‘orchestrated reality show’ where they ‘weren’t allowed to tell our own story’.

The Radio 4 host waded in on the debate, gasping live on air when she heard the claim before stating ‘recollections may vary’ in response to the assertion.

One source who had been involved in the interview process said: ‘Every word of that interview was what they wanted to say. She (Meghan) controlled every micro-detail of how their engagement publicly went.’

[ad_2]

Source link