A masked burglar has broken into the Beckham family home in West London and made off with thousands of pounds’ worth of valuables.

The thief forced their way into a spare upstairs bedroom at the £40m mansion in Holland Park and ransacked the place while David, Victoria and 10-year-old daughter Harper relaxed downstairs completely unawares. 

The break-in, on February 28, was not discovered until 17-year-old Cruz returned home from a night out and stumbled upon the upturned bedroom and spotted broken glass from a window on the floor.

David, 46, reportedly called 999 and set about searching the mansion for the burglar with Cruz, while Harper remained with Victoria, 47, and waited for the police.

The burglar is thought to have been part of a gang which targeted at least two other houses in the area on the same night. 

The Met confirmed it is investigating and that no arrests have been made.

A masked burglar has broken into the Beckham family home in West London and made thousands of pounds’ worth of valuables (David and Victoria pictured) 

The Beckhams' home in Kensington, pictured today, following a burglary at the property last month

The Beckhams’ home in Kensington, pictured today, following a burglary at the property last month

David, 46 (right), reportedly called 999 and set about searching the mansion for the burglar with Cruz (left), while Harper (centre right) remained with Victoria, 47, and waited for the police (Brooklyn centre left)

David, 46 (right), reportedly called 999 and set about searching the mansion for the burglar with Cruz (left), while Harper (centre right) remained with Victoria, 47, and waited for the police (Brooklyn centre left)

The thief forced their way into an upstairs bedroom at the £40m mansion in Holland Park and ransacked the place while David, Victoria and 10-year-old daughter Harper relaxed downstairs completely unawares

A source close to the family told The Sun: ‘Sadly the Beckhams were the victims of some fairly professional thieves who have been operating in the area.

‘Fortunately the criminals only made it as far as one bedroom before they ran off.’

The family are said to have been ‘shaken up’ by the burglary, but no one was hurt.

The intruder reportedly climbed over the gate at the front of the house, shimmied his way up the property and then broke in through the spare bedroom window. Police are said to be reviewing CCTV footage.  

The thief made off with thousands in designer clothes, accessories and electric goods stored in the room – but did not hang around for more. 

Two other properties were also targeted, including a neighbouring house which thieves found was empty once inside, and another home on the same street into which burglars were unable to force entry. 

A Met spokesman said: ‘Police were called at 00.37 hours on Tuesday, March 1 to reports of a burglary at a residential address in the W11 area of Kensington.

‘The burglary is believed to have taken place between 20.30 and 23.30 on Monday, February 28.

‘A number of items were reported stolen. No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.’

The raid comes just weeks after Posh and Becks won planning permission to overhaul their Holland Park mansion, parts of which had been sealed off as it had began to crumble.

Pictures of the property exclusively obtained by MailOnline show that the Grade II-listed property is held up by supports before work gets underway.

The couple were granted permission by Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to repair their historic rear terrace and stairs, which had become too dangerous to use.

Beckham’s design and access statement revealed their plans to ‘reinstate the terrace, which is considered structurally unsound, on a like for like basis.’

The statement also says the family no longer use the terrace which has structural damage is due to age, water ingress, cracking and spalling due to frost.

Work: David and Victoria Beckham have won planning permission to repair their 'crumbling' £31.5 million west London mansion (pictured) after parts of the property were sealed off

Work: David and Victoria Beckham have won planning permission to repair their ‘crumbling’ £31.5 million west London mansion (pictured) after parts of the property were sealed off

'Crumbling': Pictures of the propertly exclusively obtained by MailOnline show that the Grade II-listed property terrace is held up by supports before work gets underway (pictured)

‘Crumbling’: Pictures of the propertly exclusively obtained by MailOnline show that the Grade II-listed property terrace is held up by supports before work gets underway (pictured)

Out of use: The statement also says the family no longer use the terrace which has structural damage is due to age, water ingress, cracking and spalling due to frost

Out of use: The statement also says the family no longer use the terrace which has structural damage is due to age, water ingress, cracking and spalling due to frost

Props and timber bearers have been installed to provide temporary support to prevent collapse and any loss of the buildings original features – including damage to the original cast iron railings. 

The statement reads: ‘A structural engineer has inspected the terrace and recommended repairs and renewal works on a like for like basis.’

From photos attached to the application, the roof terrace, which is crumbling in parts, is being supported by metal poles to stop it from collapsing.

The project is being overseen by Soho House architect Michael Ergatoudis, who was also in charge of the previous renovations at the home and their Cotswolds retreat. 



Source link