Home chef shows how to whip up your own five-ingredient McMuffins at home – and it only takes 10 minutes
- Cook shares her homemade McMuffin hack
- Amelia uses Coles turkey rissoles
- She cooks everything in an air fryer
A cook has shared how she makes her own high-protein breakfast McMuffin in just ten minutes.
Amelia Ericksen, from Melbourne, shared her ‘game changing’ hack for her homemade Maccas breakfast that only uses five ingredient.
The pastry chef, who goes by Yummelia online, uses turkey rissoles from Coles which she squashes and freezes in baking paper so they cook quickly in the morning.
Amelia cooks the pre-prepared turkey patty in an air fryer along with an egg and an English muffin.
The foodie’s ‘delicious’ McMuffin hack impressed thousands online after she shared it in a TikTok video as many begged for the full recipe.
Scroll down for video
Cake decorator and home chef, Amelia Ericksen (pictured), from Melbourne, has wowed thousands online after she shared her simple recipe for a homemade turkey McMuffin
Amelia, who goes by Yummelia online, said her five-ingredient McMuffin takes only ten minutes to make in the morning and is filling and high in protein
Amelia uses Steggles turkey rissoles which she buys from Coles for $8.50 and places them between two layers of baking paper.
She squashes down the rissoles to make them thinner with a the bottom of a glass or bottle, cuts the paper up to separate each patty and freezes them in a container.
‘When I go to eat them in the morning they’re ready to go and they’re on a nice little piece of baking paper so it doesn’t make the air fryer dirty and honestly it’s been a real game changer,’ she explained.
Amelia takes the top layer of baking paper off the turkey rissole before putting in the air fryer with an egg and an English Muffin.
‘Then I crack an egg into this little tin, it’s just a little pit tin for anyone who wants to know, and I gave it a little spray first,’ she said.
She puts six turkey rissoles on a sheet of baking paper, puts and another sheet on top, squashed them with a glass to make them thinner then freezes them
Amelia places the frozen turkey patty in an air fryer along with an English muffin and an egg she cracks into a mini pie tin
‘I separate the muffin and put it straight into the air fryer,’
She cooks the egg, turkey and muffin in the air fryer for ‘about six minutes’ at 180C.
Once the egg is cooked and the muffin is crispy, she takes them out of the air fryer then flips the turkey patty and places it back to cook further.
To assemble the McMuffin dupe, Amelia layers the bottom half of the muffin with the egg, a slice of cheese, the turkey rissole, a squirt of siracha sauce the the other muffin half.
She said the whole process takes about ten minutes in the morning and is ‘nice’, ‘filling’ and ‘high in protein’.
Amelia shared the recipe across two TikTok videos that have collectively amassed more than 706,200 views.
‘Wait, girl you just changed my life a lil bit,’ one impressed viewer wrote.
‘Is the egg cooking in a mini pie tin?!? Because that is genius!!’ a second asked.
‘Pardon me, I’ll just be changing my ENTIRE stressful morning routine,’ one woman replied.
‘You have made my life a little easier, I would of never thought cooking an egg in the air fryer,’ another admitted.
RECIPE: How to make a high-protein McMuffin in your air fryer
- Steggles turkey rissoles – $8.50
- Tip Top Wholemeal English Muffins six-pack – $2.75
- Coles Sandwich cheese slices, smoky flavoured – $3.70
- 1 x egg
- Siracha sauce
- To prepare the turkey patties, lay out the rissoles on a sheet of baking paper and place another sheet over the top.
- Squash the rissoles down with a glass or bottle then cut the paper to separate each patty, stack them and place them in the freezer.
- To make the McMuffin, take one of the frozen rissoles out of the freezer, remove the top layer of baking paper and place in the air fryer basket.
- Crack an egg into a small tin or pie dish and place in the air fryer along with an English muffins separated into two halves.
- Cook at 180C for six minutes the removed the cooked egg and muffi which should be golden and crispy.
- Flip the patty and put it back in the air fryer for a few for minutes until cooked.
- To assemble the McMuffin, layer the egg, patty, a slice of cheese and a squirt of siracha sauce between the muffin halves.