How to clean your frying pan perfectly in minutes: Woman shares her simple hack using two common kitchen ingredients
- A ‘genius’ hack to make old pots and pans look brand new has surfaced online
- The trick involves rubbing salt and half a lemon on the bottom of kitchenware
- Before and after images shared online show brown stains being lifted easily
- The abrasive texture of the salt and acidity from the lemon removes stains
A fuss-free cleaning hack that instantly transforms the look of old frying pans has amazed hundreds on social media.
The trick involves rubbing salt and half a lemon lemon all over the bottom of the pans to lift burn stains and avoid scratching the kitchenware.
A woman who saw the trend online decided to try it for herself and shared the impressive results on Facebook.
‘I saw this on TikTok and wanted to try it,’ the woman wrote online, adding: ‘To my amazement, it worked! So happy I found this.’
A new cleaning trend has surfaced on social media. The hack demonstrates how to remove burn stains from the bottom of frying pans
The trick involves rubbing salt and lemon all over the bottom of pots or pans to lift stains and avoid leaving scratch marks on kitchenware
The woman revealed the secret to the perfect shine is to use rock salt over regular table salt.
Describing the method, the woman said to simply ‘chuck on rock salt, get your lemon, and rub it’.
Before and after images shared online show the Masterchef frying pan was ridden with brown burn marks and scratches from attempting to remove it previously.
But after rubbing the surface with the salt and a sliced lemon, the dark stains lifted.
It’s believed the abrasive texture of the salt combined with the acidity from the lemon is perfect to tackle tough stains.
The woman’s Masterchef pan was left looking sparkling new after trying the hack herself (pictured)
The sequenced of photos shared online amazed others who seemed eager to try it for themselves.
‘Wow, it looks like a brand new pan, I will definitely be trying this one for sure,’ one person wrote.
‘Amazing!!! Will be giving this a go!’ another wrote.
And the handy tip can also be used to clean other kitchenware – including wooden chopping boards and bbq grills.
One person wrote: ‘We used to do this camping to clean pans when we were low on water… it works!
‘I do that on my BBQ plate… first I lightly heat the bbq, sprinkle plenty of coarse salt, then using a wad of kitchen paper, I start scrubbing,’ another added.
‘I then scrape up the dirty salt, wipe BBQ with a damp cloth, repeat if necessary, or sprinkle salt lightly, and with a cut lemon, give it another scrub over, repeat until you are satisfied.’
Lemons can also be used to remove rust from knives and sweat stains from clothes.
WHAT CAN I CLEAN USING LEMONS?
1. Rust – Lemons can help remove rust and rust stains from metal and fabrics. Simply rub the patch of rust with lemon before wiping away with a cloth.
If the stain is on fabric and can be moved outside to the sunshine when cleaning this will help.
2. Sweat stains – The annoying yellow marks can be removed with lemon too. Simply rub the effected area with a lemon before letting it sit over night and then pop it in the wash.
3. Lemon is also a natural bleaching agent – so putting some in the wash with your whites is a great way to have them looking and smelling fresh.