Disturbing moment hit-and-run driver slams into 12-year-old girl, flipping her up into the air, while speeding down Bronx street
- An unidentified 12-year-old girl was hit by a driver in a black BMW in the Bronx around 4.30pm on Sunday
- The girl appears to be running across the street to meet a friend, who nearly got hit as well, when the driver plowed into her
- It is unclear how fast the driver was traveling down the 20mph road, but the velocity of the hit sent the girl rolling up the hood and her shoes flying
- She fell off the passenger side and suffered from lacerations and bruises, but was said to be in stable condition
- She was transported to St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx for treatment
- The driver, who has not been caught, now faces charges of fleeing the scene of an accident
A 12-year-old girl was seriously injured after a driver hit her at high speeds on a Bronx street.
The disturbing footage was captured on surveillance footage on Boone Avenue around 4.30pm on Sunday, the NYPD said.
The 12-year-old girl, who was not identified by police, and another person appear to be trying to run across the street to meet each other just moments before the car came into the camera’s view.
Her companion stops short of being hit and was seen cowering backward as he watches his friend get hit.
The little girl’s body can be seen being violently flung over the top of the car, rolling, as her shoes and cell phone go flying.
It is unclear how fast the driver was going, but the speed limit on Boone Avenue is 20mph.
Her body rolls up to the top of the car before falling off the passenger’s side.
The girl, 12, (circled) ran across the street to meet a ran when the black BMW (pictured) hit her before taking off. It is unclear how fast the driver was going, but the speed limit is 20mph
The girl was hit around 4.30pm on Sunday on Boone Avenue in the Bronx. Her shoes and cell phone were seen flying off of her as the car hit her
She rolled up to the top of the car before falling off the passenger’s side
The driver stops for a moment, but does not exit the car. The girl was between the BMW and GMC. She was reportedly found in stable condition with lacerations and bruises and was transported to a local hospital
The driver stops for a moment, but does not get out of the car, before slowly continuing down the street.
It is unclear if the girl, who was hidden from view between two cars, was conscious or not at the moment.
The youth reportedly suffered from lacerations and bruising and was transported to St. Barnabas Hospital in stable condition, the New York Post reported.
Police are requesting the public’s help in identifying the suspect and said he was driving a black BMW sedan.
The driver faces charges for fleeing the scene of an accident, according to Pix 11.
The hit-and-run comes as New York City crime remains high. Overall crime is up almost 40 percent in 2022 compared to the same period last year.
Every violent crime, except murder and shootings are up in the Big Apple with felony assault, burglary, and robbery up significantly at 19, 32, and 39 percent, respectively.
DailyMail.com has contacted the NYPD for comment.
Every violent crime, except murder, is also up in the Big Apple with felony assault, burglary, and robbery up significantly at 19, 32, and 39 percent, respectively.