[ad_1]

Bruce Lehrmann is ‘considering a sit-down television interview’ over the alleged assault of Brittany Higgins at parliament house that he strongly denies

  • Lehrmann has reportedly spoken with Nine and Seven about potential interview
  • Charge of sexual assault was dropped against Lehrmann earlier this month
  • He’d been accused of raping Brittany Higgins in a parliamentary office in 2019
  • Mr Lehrmann pleaded not guilty and has always denied the allegation 
  • If he was to do an interview it would be his first public comments on allegation 

Bruce Lehrmann is reportedly considering taking part in a sit-down interview after the sexual assault charge against him was dropped.

The former Liberal staffer, who was accused of raping Brittany Higgins in the office of minister Linda Reynolds in March, 2019, has spoken with at least two major television networks.

Mr Lehrmann is understood to have held talks with Nine Entertainment Co and Seven West Media about a potential interview, media sources told the Sydney Morning Herald.

There is no guarantee an interview would go ahead with neither network commenting.

If Mr Lehrmann was to speak, it would be his first public comments on the allegation.

He had pleaded not guilty and has always strongly denied ever having sex with Ms Higgins.

The first trial was aborted due to misconduct by a jury member, and on December 2, the ACT’s Director of Public Prosecutions announced he would not go ahead with a second trial amid fears it could be detrimental to Ms Higgins’ mental health. She remains in a Queensland hospital.

The former Liberal staffer, who was accused of raping Brittany Higgins in the office of minister Linda Reynolds in March, 2019, has spoken with at least two major television networks

The former Liberal staffer, who was accused of raping Brittany Higgins in the office of minister Linda Reynolds in March, 2019, has spoken with at least two major television networks

Mr Lehrmann is also understood to be considering legal action against several media outlets.

Daily Mail Australia first reported that Mr Lehrmann’s legal hit list includes Lisa Wilkinson, the production company behind The Project (Rove McManus’s Roving Enterprises), Network Ten and parent company Paramount.

A Channel 10 spokesperson on Tuesday said: ‘As is customary, comment was sought but not provided. Network 10 has received no notice of any claim or proceedings.’

Like Ms Higgins, he is also considering suing the Commonwealth for the way he was treated before and during the trial.

Several other mastheads are also expected to be slapped with lawsuits.

Ms Higgins’ lawyers will launch civil cases against the Commonwealth and her former bosses, MP Linda Reynolds and Senator Michaelia Cash.

See also  Sydney teen found dead after vanishing from Freshwater beach was an outdoors enthusiast

Documents have been sent to all parties setting out an intention to sue for sexual harassment, sex discrimination, disability discrimination, negligence, and victimisation.

She will claim $2.5million for future economic loss, up to $100,000 for past economic loss, $100,000 for general damages, $20,000 for future assistance with domestic duties and $150,000 for past and future out-of-pocket expenses.

An official claim is yet to be filed as the involved parties prepare to enter into mediation talks on December 13.

Ms Higgins is seen with her boyfriend David Sharaz. Her lawyers will launch civil cases against the Commonwealth and her former bosses, MP Linda Reynolds and Senator Michaelia Cash

Ms Higgins is seen with her boyfriend David Sharaz. Her lawyers will launch civil cases against the Commonwealth and her former bosses, MP Linda Reynolds and Senator Michaelia Cash

Advertisement

[ad_2]

Source link